Friday, June 24, 2005

J and I started the morning reading about a dozen Aesop's Fables online. She sat on my lap and I read some to her, she read some to me, or we listened to the narrator read it. We discussed the morals and the ones that didn't have one listed, I asked her to guess what the moral would be. W went with B to bring K to school. When he got back, he found one of the green Bob books and started reading that to me. It's the one that starts: Jig is a big pig. Then he went online to play some Kindergarten level math games, like concentration and pattern finding.

B took them both out on errands with MIL and I stayed home dissecting the living room. I filled a bag of garbage (how does so much garbage turn up everywhere??) and put away 2 tons of laundry. After B picked up K, he went in the back to barbecue while J and W went in the pool. I had a party to go to tonight and as usual only one of us can go since we have no one to babysit all 3 kids. I got home around 11:30 and everyone's asleep and I wish B could have come with me.

One of the women at the party asked me where my kids go to school. When I mentioned that I homeschool one of them, she rolled her eyes at me and lamented that it must be suuuuch a biiiiig responsibiiiiiility . I started to explain that it's not as difficult as it seems and how I have much less stress now then when J was in school and she cut me off to talk to someone else as if she couldn't care less what I had to say. Oh well. I did have fun at the party, though. My friend M and I danced all the stupid dances (macarena, hands up, electric slide, cotton-eyed-joe). We were usually the only ones up dancing but we didn't give a crap and just acted like the floor show. LOL! Life's too short to care what others think. (I gotta remember that more often).

No comments: