Thursday, June 16, 2005

J, W, and I slept til about 9am. It was great. K and B leave at 8am. K brought her homemade sphinx to school and everyone laughed at it. She's trashing that one and making a new one over the weekend. She let B draw the face on it this morning when the paint was dry. I can only imagine what that looked like. K and I were laughing hysterically at the whole situation. Oh well. Thank goodness the teacher gave them more days to do it.

I found a great website today called gameaquarium.com that J just loved. She did a few fractions games. The questions were like, "3/7 of 42 cookies is how many cookies?". The answer blocks uncovered a hidden picture if you got it right. She was so quick with all of them! The other game she played was on equivalent fractions like 3/8 = 12/32. It was timed (which she hates), but I think she had fun anyway. Then she worked on her dance scholarship essay a bit. She wouldn't let me read it, but she was excited to show me that she copied and pasted the dance school logo from the website and put it at the top of her essay. I thought that was very cool and creative. While I cleaned the kitchen (yay, me) J and W painted a few pictures with the tempera paints I got for K last night and were both covered in paint. Why they always feel they have to make handprints, I'll never know. They then filled some balloons with water and one broke on the bathroom floor. So I came out of the kitchen to find black paint all over EVERYTHING (plastic tablecloth saved the wood table!) and a huge puddle and soaking wet towels on the bathroom floor. It's my own fault for taking my eyes off them for 20 minutes.

J updated her website again, too. I just checked it out. She added a couple of pages to it, uploaded about 5 or 6 pictures of herself, K, and W, and added another counter, and a guestbook. Don't know how she figured it all out, but it looks great! At 8 yrs old she made a better website than a lot of adults can do. I'm impressed! In the early evening K was playing around with my cell phone ringtones and the kids all took turns dancing really silly to each one. We did this for about an hour and were laughing so hard, we didn't want to stop. W was doing the jumps, splits, and turns he saw J's dance class doing. I asked him later on if he wants to take dance class like J. He looked at me like I was nuts. He said maybe, but he likes baseball better. I think he'd make a great dancer - not in a swishy kind of way - like the cool hip-hop type. Maybe one day.

No comments: