Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The dentist was at 11:30am today. It was an assembly line of each kid going in for x-rays, then a cleaning, then an exam. K has a couple of cavities and might need braces on her bottom teeth, but we'll wait a few more years for that since puberty causes bones to grow and may undo whatever braces fix. Besides any jaw bone growth may just realign her teeth to the right spots! J also has a few small cavities. Both girls will get porcelain fillings put in next week. W has no cavities, but does have decalcification of his 2 front teeth. It was cause by them rubbing together when they came in. The hygienist actually thought it was bottle rot. I told her W never had a bottle (or anything else that would cause decay there). She found it wonderful that I breastfed him for over 2 years, although she was pretty shocked by that.

She must have asked J about school because she asked me all about homeschooling and how it's done in NY. I love genuinely interested people! She has a dd who is 4 and is on the school bus at 7am and doesn't get home til 6pm because she goes to school in Brooklyn. She told me this after I mentioned that children aren't really supposed to be away from their parents at a young age :foot . LOL. She is going to start researching homeschooling to see if she'd like to pursue that path.

We left the dentist and stopped in Foot Locker where I finally succumbed to buying K "Uptowns" - which I found out are nothing more than the same Nike sneakers I wore in 1984. I also got her a Jansport bookbag. So, with my wallet $105 thinner, we stopped in a pizzeria for lunch.

We came home after that (3pm-ish?) and I made a futile attempt to clean while the kids played together. J and W are in strange moods lately. They have been acting ultra-silly and are just wrecking this place - eating in bedrooms, jumping on my bed, screaming, running, throwing their clothes everywhere, and spilling something every 10 minutes. I am really about to lose it. Tomorrow is my birthday and I feel like crap today. I may have to bring J to W's first day of school (parents have to stay there with the kids) because there's no one around to watch her for an hour. We can't make the Not-Back-To-School picnic either because W goes in the afternoon. My apartment is a mess. And I'm feeling like I have no control over anything anymore. Not so great a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) And happy "early"--since it is just 3 mins to 11 PM here birthday! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Maybe they were getting the sillies out so they could be better behaved for your birthday? That sucks about the picnic. :( Maybe W will want to move over to homeschooling. And OMG, your poor dentist. That's such a long day for a little girl. And I couldn't imagine putting a 4 year old on a school bus. Eek!