Sunday, September 25, 2005

This morning B made pancakes for everyone (very NOT SB Diet), and I made him make me eggs. He took the kids to Sunday School and Mom and I got to work. We did the 2nd coat first (it's such a gorgeous light bluish periwinkle color - it's W's room, too, so it's not too fem). The moldings, closet door (J helped paint that!), baseboards, radiator cover, and ceiling are white (really white white). We brillo'd the entire wood floor when we were done, to get off all the paint drips. We took off a huge layer of dirt as well (yucko). Then I mopped it 3 times and we applied a coat of wood floor wax. Now the floors look amazing. Then we put the beds in a new position, and brought in the dresser and bookcase. All the rest of the crap is still in the dining room. Tomorrow, after I throw out more than half of the stuff, I will put everything that's left back in the room (minimalists, remember?). J and W are very pleased with it and will hopefully stay in their own beds now.

Mom also cleaned and scrubbed K's room, the bathroom, and some of the kitchen. I don't know where she gets the energy. I just sat with my aching feet up watching her zip around with rags in one hand and a garbage bag in the other. She was like that every Saturday when I was growing up. I think now as an adult I subconsciously rebel against all cleaning. I finally had to kick her out of here by 10:30pm. I swear she would have been here til 2am without taking so much as a 5-minute sit.

B and the kids ran tons of errands for us today, stopping at the supermarket twice and Home Depot 3 times. LOL. Then B came home and made a nice dinner (stuffed peppers, mmmmmmmmm). I really appreciate how much he does for me. So, I'm happy that the room is done and my apartment is clean. Now it just needs to stay nice. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish your mother could bottle some of that up. I hate cleaning. Ick. But I love when it's done. My husband is Felix and I am Oscar. LOL!

Unknown said...

We must have quite a few things in common. I need to do what you've just done to my apt., dh is helpful w/ dinner and the kids, and mom keeps house in a way that is so impressive that I wonder if I, too, am rebelling against it. I am wondering, did I get your blog address from Sonlight forums?