Friday, September 02, 2005

We met our new neighbors last night. They seem like nice people and have a boy who's 8 y/o. We played some baseball together and played with Susie, their beagle puppy. We did a big food shopping trip, and I realize it's not a good idea to take all the kids. It seemed they were all talking at once, asking for this and that. W has been real ornery lately. He ran around the store, threw a peach on the floor and stepped on it, and ignored me when I told him to stay next to me. I can't just let him misbehave in the store, but I don't want to cause a scene, either. I hate bribery (although it does work temporarily) and I won't yell or chase him. I just gotta leave him home next time. He's 4 1/2. Will this behavior end soon? He's like this in restaurants, too.

I did a lot of cleaning today while the kids kept themselves occupied and helped out a bit. K spent a lot of the day learning HTML and working on her new website. She was so thrilled to figure out how to add great stuff - I have no idea how to do any of it myself. W and I perused a kids science catalog. J played on the piano keyboard for a long time, making up really nice songs with chords. I would love for her to take lessons - she has such an ear for music - but she doesn't want to. K would rather have guitar lessons. J and W shucked corn for dinner and when W fell asleep at 9 we played a 2-hour game of Monopoly. J was the banker and did great at it. She won the game, too. She felt bad for K and me since we were losing so badly and purposely made weak trades so we could get back some money (all 4 railroads for Electric Company? Sure, ok! LOL). It's late, and they're still up. I think they're waiting for B to get home. He has been getting home after midnight all week and leaves at 8am. They don't get to see him at all. Well, it's only until next Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

guitar lesson.

guitar lesson is as straight forward as knowing the names of your six guitar strings.