Saturday, September 10, 2005

Not much went on today. The girls have been addicted to an online Neopets game and pretty much the whole Neopets website. They create "pets" and collect points which can buy them things. I don't get most of it, but it looks like fun. K must have received about 15 phone calls throughout the course of the day. She has been telling me all about the "scene" and it sounds like its right out of the Queen Bees and Wannabes book. She's enjoying it for now, but I keep reminding her not to get all wrapped up in the social-rankings game or it may come back to bite her. It just makes me so nervous.

We went out to my mom's house at around 5. J brought "Because of Winn Dixie" to read while here. She also brought her workbook - she says she really likes this particular one - but I don't think she'll get to it this weekend. My parents took us all out to dinner for my birthday - which was nice. We even had the singing waiters, lol. W was playing "Prince of Persia" on mom's phone and was very good at it. I think he might enjoy a Gameboy or something.

Everyone was asleep by 9:30pm. B only has one more day at the Open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is scary, the popularity, groups, cliques. I was always on the outside. I had few friends and was never part of the popular crowd. In fact, after being well liked in elementary--but missing the last month of school due to a broken leg, I was shocked that my old friends picked on me unmercilessly when we started JHS---and this was the smart SP group. Ugh. But it's all about finding out who you are isn't it? And the fact that she has a good head on her shoulders helps.

Neopets? Are they like those things that were popular in the late 90's--what were they--tamagotchis, and nano babies and pets?