Friday, September 09, 2005

Second day of school. K had a great day. It all revolves around friends, clothes, and boys, but we have many discussion about such topics and she gets it. She has such a good head on her shoulders. She understands about keeping her grades up and is still at the age where she wants to please me, so I'm not going to be overly concerned...yet.

W had a great day too! When we got to school, some kids invited him over to play and they all were running around outside. I went up with him and sat outside for the hour again. I watched him through a crack in the door and saw he was doing puzzles, drawing, and jumping around to music. He came out smiling and happy and that's what I want to see.

J stayed at MIL's while I took W to school. MIL is still not on the same page with me on homeschooling so I asked J if she wouldn't mind bringing over a book and a workbook to do. These are things J does on her own, so a little nudge from me aint gonna kill her. MIL needs to see that J is actually "doing" something. J didn't mind at all and understood. I think MIL is starting to see that J has matured a lot and is definitely happier at home. J did a couple of workbook pages and read through the National Geographic Kids magazine MIL got for her.

In the evening she practiced some songs on the piano keyboard and we played Rummikub. K has been on the phone for hours (sigh), and W fell asleep a little after 8pm. B got home at 9:15pm (early!) and doesn't have to be back at the Open until 4pm tomorrow. I really miss him when he's not here.

We registered the kids for dance today at their NEW studio - bigger, nicer, and an outside courtyard where W can play! J cannot wait to get back there. She will be going Wednesdays for technique with the whole company (9-25 y/o), Thursdays for tap and hip-hop, and Fridays for technique with her company (9-10 y/o). She and K are taking a new Musical Theater class on Mondays and W is taking a new Boys Hip-hip class on Tuesdays - with the older boys he knows. J will also be learning and rehearsing her solo on the weekends. There are lots of fundraisers, meetings, and workshops also on the schedule. So basically we'll be living at the studio. K also wants guitar and karate lessons and W wants some sports lessons. I'll have to see about that.

I am so excited for a fantastic year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like alot. I hope they have fun with dance. It's cool that school seems good so far, hopefully it will keep up that way. :)

It sucks that J had to bring "proof" of homeschooling to MIL. Your MIL would be horrified that lately my 3 and 5 year old have been learning via Pokemon. But it's doing wonders for their momeories, statistics, the game has money, so they're learning about that too. But then again, if you asked me several years back, I think I would have thought it was weird too. LOL!

NYCitymomx3 said...

I almost regret doing that, but I hate living with MIL's expression of disdain constantly hanging over me. I want J to feel confident over there. I want her not to feel uncomfortable in front of MIL and not to feel that she's doing something wrong by not being in school. So if it served those purposes it was worth it. I won't do it again, though. LOL.