Thursday, September 15, 2005

W stayed home from preschool today. We got there and he just hugged me and said he didn't want to go. The tears started coming and he said he liked when I stayed outside the classroom last week. I put him on my hip so we were eye level, asked him some questions, hugged him and we left. I will not make him go if he doesn't want to. He probably thinks he's missing out on something at home, or just missing me. When I was his age (ok, older than him) I never wanted to go to school because I thought my mom needed me and missed me so much when I wasn't there. I wonder if that's in the back of his mind somewhere. He also said that it's not like his old school and that he'd rather go to the big Kindergarten school. He said the kids were whiny and loud and it's just all weird.

At home, We kept the tv off and J wanted him to see that it's all work at home when he's in school. She decided to do a few pages of a handwriting book, a few pages of reading comprehension in the test-prep book, and played several games on the "Turbo Twist" (English and Social Studies questions). I'll admit I did try and make it boring for him to be here. I want him to enjoy preschool and do all the fun things there. J also needs the quiet-time alone. He brought me his workbook and we did about 7 pages together. Then he said he wanted to go to school tomorrow. He mentioned something about missing the playground today. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor little guy. He's lucky he doesn't have a mom that would push him into the situation. Hopefully the big school would be good for him. Would it be K, or Pre-K?

NYCitymomx3 said...

It would be Pre-K. The big school (which goes up to 5th grade) seems to have more resources. It's closer to my house, too, which is good.

Anonymous said...

That sounds really great. I hope it works out for him. :) And close to home definitely helps.