Tuesday, September 13, 2005

J slept til 10:30am today. Meanwhile, W made a couple of peanut-butter and jellys for us. He is very proud of the fact that he can do that *g*. He brought over word cards for me to do with him - but he cheats and looks at the picture before guessing the word, lol. J and I brought him to school and W ran right inside after a kiss for me. And there was the boy from yesterday (pacifier) with his grandmother. The teachers had to literally peel him off of her while he screamed and screamed. I stood there with my eyes welling up at this horrible scene. I wanted to run over there and hug him. I heard the director saying that they'll take him in today, but if he's crying like this again tomorrow, they should rethink preschool for him because it's too traumatic. I'm glad she said that.

At home, J and I did a bunch of 5th grade stuff on funbrain.com. She did a few math problems on percents. The questions were like this: "After giving a 14% tip the total bill was $63.54. What was the original bill?". Then she found a geography game where you have to name the highlighted US state. Then she wanted to find more analogies to do. We found a few different sites, some aimed at SAT takers. She breezed right through all of them. She says these are so fun. Before we knew it, it was 3pm and we had to pick up W.

He had a good day again. They did Play-Doh, painting (with glitter, too!), music, snack, kid's kitchen center, and floor puzzles. He did say he was bored a little when they did some ABC songs. I don't blame him. He knows all that stuff already. I'm glad he has fun there, though. I don't have the energy or patience lately to do all those things with him. I saw the screaming boy come running out smiling, too.

We drove over to pick up K from school and went to the eye doctor to get her new eyeglass lenses and 6 month supply of contact lenses. The optician told me about how contacts help a lot girls with their self-esteem and shyness issues. I told him he hit the nail on the head with that one. I got contacts at 15 years old and came out of my shell running. So I completely understood. He said his mother made him deal with his black Buddy Holly glasses until his late teens. I was LMAO.

In the evening, W tinked on the piano, read some "Ready Set Read" magazine, and counted coins with me. J played Neopets, spun the aforementioned coins with W on the floor, and checked her emails and blog. K made a creamy pasta dish for dinner, did her homework, added some stuff to her website, IM'd a few friends, and talked on the phone. I got no cleaning done today - but I did get another Mary Kay order. I have been a Mary Kay consultant for about a year-and-a-half. About 6 months ago I put it to the side and immersed myself in homeschooling research (I can't hyperfocus on more than 1 thing at a time). My regular customers keep calling, though, so at least I'm still making money. I think I might start up again. I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that the director said that as well. Ugh, I couldn't go through that. Although if my kids were going to school, I think I'd be more heartbroken b/c although I was a shy kid, my kids are so not shy or afraid--unless it's throw up--that's enough to set my 5 year old dd off. ROFL!

Cool about Mary Kay. I've always wanted to get into that, but never could get into that, if that makes any sense. LOL!