Tuesday, September 20, 2005

We went to Costco this morning so I could buy all the food for The South Beach Diet. Yes, I have finally realized that I have to start taking drastic measures to lose the number of pounds I want to. I bought almost $300 worth of stuff, which should last us at least 3 weeks. I would only need to fill in with stuff for the kids, milk, and beverages. In the store, I was noticing how fast J is with basic math in her head when she was helping me with unit pricing. I also noticed how happy she seems and how well-spoken she is becoming. People have been telling me lately how polite she is, too. I am really seeing so many changes for the better.

I bought J a science kit that she wanted. It's missing the instruction booklet so I have to bring it back now (grrr). I haven't heard from the big school yet. I think I may give them a call if I don't hear by Thursday. The director from the school he won't go back to called today and asked what's going on. I told her the truth that he didn't like it all that much and she automatically assumed that meant I was going to homeschool him. She went into this long tirade about how preschool is so good for kids and how they need the socialization and "I know your homeschooling your other child but you have to understand he won't get into any Kindergartens if he's not in preschool...". That last comment, BTW, is total bullshit. They will be let into school if and whenever they choose to go and it doesn't matter whether it's in September of February. I also told her "I have no current plans of h/s him but if that was the route he wanted to take than it's ok by me, and that is none of your concern anyway". This woman had sufficiently pissed me off. No wonder W doesn't want to be there. I'm glad I trusted his (and my) instincts.

As for me, I started the SB Diet today and plan on going to Curves at least 3x a week. I plan on losing about 70lbs by next summer. Dh is joining me on this endeavor. I'm excited about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uck, some nerve! How dare she? Even before we made the final decision to homeschool our kids, I told my husband that I felt it wasn't important for the kids to go to pre-school. They're only so young once, why go to school so early. So even if my kids were going, they wouldn't have been attending pre-school. My sister and I never did and we were considered above average. Sigh.

Good luck with the SB diet. Are you using regular foods, or the SB foods? I thought of doing that--I'm short (4'10") and I want to weigh 100 lbs--or aim for 100 lbs and stop before that if I find myself at a comfy weight (so around 50ish lbs, give or take), but it's easier for me to restrict foods when they're not off limits. When they are, I want them like crazy. KUP!