Saturday, September 24, 2005

We all got up around 8:30am and B made eggs and turkey bacon for everyone (very SB Diet, lol). The rest of the morning was a mad rush to get everything cleaned up and put away before Mom got here. She arrived about 1pm and we went out to buy paint and supplies. B took the kids to the movies to see The Corpse Bride for the afternoon. Mom and I brought lunch home, ate, and started on J's room. We ended up cleaning for 4 hours before painting - taking everything out of the room, sweeping, mopping, sanding, organizing. I told you she was a clean freak. B and the kids got home around 4. Later on, J went out to a Thai restaurant with her friend, S, and her family. I thought that was cool. Mom and I finally got some paint on the ceiling around 6pm and finished the trim/corner framing and the first coat on the walls at about 10:30pm. K helped with framing the baseboard area. J got home about 9. I got in the mood for Asian food, so the rest of us ordered Chinese take-out.

Tomorrow we put on the second coat, paint all the moldings and trim, and put all the stuff back in the room. After today, I have decided we should become minimalists. I cannot beLEEEEVE all the crap J has in there. The kids start Sunday school tomorrow as well. K makes her confirmation next year so this year is mandatory. J and W have no sacraments coming up for a few years yet, but they have fun there. Now, getting them to go to church is another thing. It's the hour before Sunday school and usually everyone is too tired that early. I don't make them go. I'm bored to tears usually myself. Hopefully, while B and the kids are gone, Mom and I can get that room done fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, confirmation! That I don't have to worry about for several years, but my oldest was to start Sunday school this year and we messed up. Ah well--onto next year.

Mmm, Chinese food. Now I have a taste for Chow Mei Fun. ROFL!

Unknown said...

Yeah, you're fanning the flames of a Chinese food craving here, too. Sounds like you're getting things done quickly there. Are you using that "no fumes" paint or will the room still have that paint smell when you move the things back in? Yuck, I hate the smell of paint. Hope the room looks wonderful when you are done.