Sunday, September 04, 2005

We are at my mom's again this weekend. My nephew's 5th birthday was today and there was a big party at his house. Mom took the girls for manicures and pedicures this morning. They love that. I stayed at mom's getting myself and W dressed and ready. The party was fun. My sister rented a blow-up bouncy thing for the kids and K and another girls did face painting and tattoos for the little kids. Several parents asked J about school coming up which led to many discussions about homeschooling. J still doesn't seem confident enough to just say - IM HOMESCHOOLING. So I usually step in and say it for her. I got so many questions today about it, and they seemed pretty genuine. One mom said she and her kids would butt heads and they'd never get anything done all day. I hear that a lot from parents who have no idea about homeschooling.

Yesterday we did more shopping out here. Mom bought the kids some clothes and we stopped at White Castle for lunch. I hate White Castle. My stepdad brought us there every freakin' week growing up (because it was cheap, I guess) and I always wanted to just puke. So yesterday was the first time I've been there since I was about 10. It still tastes the same and it brought back my childhood puke feelings. The kids went in the pool when we got back and fell asleep fairly early. Mom and I sat out on the deck chatting and drinking White Zinfandel til midnight. I love that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahahahaha! I had to laugh about White Castle. I LOVE White Castle. It's the only place I can pig out and not feel guilty since I get the runs afterwards. ROFL! My ex stepdad used to call them "Belly Bombers" ROFL!

I hear you about having to explain yourself. I belong to a bb and all the kids are starting K this year, there are 4 homeschoolers on the bb--3 unschoolers and a school at home mom who actually doesn't seem to be doing it boring like. I was the first on the bb way back when the kids were little little to mention homeschooling and one of the unschoolers took it over like she invented it, so everytime they ask about homeschooling, they all address her like she's an authority. Ick. Sorta got off the topic there. ROFL! Sorry.