Tuesday, September 27, 2005

When I woke up this morning, K and B were all dressed and ready to leave. A 1/2 hour later B calls home to tell me he lost his cellphone. Great. I had to call and suspend the service, realized I still have to pay the monthly fee, AND buy a new phone for $150. During the morning I organized a bit more, since my sister, M, was coming over (from upstate) and I wanted her to see the apartment really nice and neat - and the newly renovated bedroom. J put in the recital DVD and she and W danced to most of the numbers.

Around 11am I started getting W ready for preschool and figured we'd walk to school today so I can retrace B's steps and maybe find the phone. W went into the classroom, J and I scoured the whole area - walking in to K's school (a few blocks east), asking the crossing guard, and even going into the police precinct to see if anyone turned in a phone. No luck.

J and I had a nice walk anyway. At home, she wanted to do her Sunday School homework, so we sat and looked at it together and she finished it up in a few minutes. She checked her blog and played on the Neopets website a bit. After that she started singing songs from Annie again at the top of her lungs. She and K are going to be part of a caberet show in mid-October. Can't wait for that!

My sister came over around 2:15pm and we all left to pick up W. He really enjoyed his day and we went around the corner to the playground again. He and J played for about 30 minutes before we went to pick up K from school. When we were all home they put in the recital DVD again to show M - who couldn't come to it last June since she was working. At 6 we left for W's hip-hop class. I noticed he was the youngest and smallest in the class and therefore seemed to get much more attention (lol). There are about 12 boys in the class. the instructor (also a guy) taught them basic (so cool) moves and W kept up with them all. Then each boy had to freestyle a bit and W was awesome. After 45 minutes he was getting antsy and yawning but stayed in there and continued til the end. It was so fun to watch. There's a large window the parents can watch from, but I tried to stay our of W's line of vision because he would get all silly if he saw me watching.

We got home about 7:45pm and M and I got ready to go out together. I only see my sister every few months so I was eager to spend time with her. We went to a japanese restaurant for dinner and over a few blocks to a pub to have a few drinks and hear a live band. I saw a girl I hadn't seen in 15 years there (I used to be best friend with her sister) and it was so great to catch up with her. We made plans to have brunch this Sunday (her, her sister, her mom and mom's new husband along with me, B, and the kids) at a nearby Irish restaurant.

M and I left around 12:15am and she dropped me off at home. (back in the day we used to always stay at the bars til closing - 4am. I don't have that in me anymore, lol). M was supposed to sleep over my place, but decided she's in the mood to make the 2hr drive home now instead of first thing in the morning. I just hope she doesn't get too tired while driving. I had fun tonight but always end up missing the kids after a few hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a fun day. :) I miss my sister. I haven't seen her since New Years. :(