Thursday, September 01, 2005

I have been tagged.

10 years ago I was: Almost 26. K was almost 2 and within 3 months I would find out I was pregnant with J. I had just done 2 shows with B - a big musical comedy and a Disney Cabaret. I drove a red Pontiac and my hair was way down my back.

5 years ago I was: Almost 31. I was pregnant with W and buying my first minivan. K was starting 2nd grade and J was starting a horrendous year of PreK. I declared myself done with theater and resigned myself to the fact that I would soon become a real Roseanne Connor.

1 year ago I was: Dreading sending J to 3rd grade. I was also beginning my homeschooling adventure with tons of research and growing confidence. W was starting PreK and K was starting 6th grade. Our cc debt was way down. I was glued to the tv watching all the 9/11 specials.

Yesterday: I paid the bills and realized our cc debt has more than doubled since last year. I went to the mall with the kids and spent too much money. I ate sushi and chicken fingers and bought myself some much needed clothes. I cleaned the living room and let K make dinner (cooked chicken wrapped in biscuit dough, with fries). I swore I'd go food shopping the next day.

5 snacks I enjoy: Oreos, butter-pecan ice cream, McDonald's fajitas, grapes, and mangoes

5 songs I know all the words to: 1,2 Step (Ciara), Behind These Hazel Eyes (K. Clarkson), Hollaback (G. Stefani), Bellydancer (Akon), We Belong Together (M. Carey)

5 things I would do with 100 million dollars: Build up the fund for retirement, build up the fund for the kids' college, pay off all debt, buy a house, pay off mom's mortgage.

5 places I would run away to: Venice, Maine, Hawaii, The Netherlands, Oregon

5 things I would never wear: Gold lame, stilletto heels, a bikini, doorknocker earrings, a pleated skirt.

5 favorite tv shows: Lost, Survivor, American Idol, Days of Our Lives, Little House on the Prairie.

5 bad habits: Smoking, Cursing, intolerance, impatience, laziness (I'm a nice person, though, I swear!!)

5 biggest joys: K, J, W, singing in front of a big audience, and being thin

5 favorite toys: computer, television, puzzle book, satellite radio, and new planner

5 fictional characters I would date: Uncle Jesse from Full House, Dustin from As the World Turns (back in 1984), Batman (the new one), Gaston from Beauty and the Beast (so? I'm shallow), and Prince Charming.

5 people I tag to do this: Janet
Patrice
Ellesu
Anna
Annette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek! So excited to see my name. ROFL! Since I don't have a blog. I will do it here!

10 years ago I was: 25. living at home. No boyfriend, no job, had just gotten my Equity card and trying to get an apprentiship on Broadway, considering going to grad school in Delaware for Stage Management. I also predicted that year with no boyfriend and no prospects that I would get married on Halloween at age 28--and it came true! LOL! I thought when I was married I'd be a working mom, and I hoped to get some tours so I could travel, but I only had one show that year.

5 years ago: I was 30. I had an almost 9 month old and was desperate to get pregnant again--I was convinced since I had a c-section they tied my tubes without telling me--LOL! We bought our first car--a Ford Escape, and moved to what looked like a nice, but turned out to be a dump on Staten Island.

1 year ago: I was the mother of three ages 4, 2 and new and stuck in the house alot b/c I didn't know how to drive. But we still managed to have alot of fun. I was praying my son wouldn't break his leg again. Didn't work, he did.

Yesterday: I was proud of myself for managing to exercise everyday since Sunday--hoping to get to 100 lbs (I am short) kinda bummed b/c Publishers Clearing House didn't knock on my door. Having fun dancing with the kids to the B52's

5 snacks I enjoy: NUTS!!!, Chocolate bars with nuts, brownies with nuts, cookies with nuts, and water (betcha didn't see that coming--LOL!)

5 songs I know all the words to: Inca Roads by Frank Zappa, Help Me by Joni Mitchell, 6060-842 B52's, The Ballad by Testatment, New Religion by Duran Duran

5 Things I would do with 100 million dollars: Move back to NY!! Maybe live high on the hog and get a townhome in the Village. ROFL! Buy my sister and Mom places. Pay off sister and sister in law's student loans and SIL's house, Take a year long RV trip with my husband and the kids through the states and Canada. Hope to be cheap and have money left, if not, a cheaper house outside of Manhattan. LOL!

5 places I would run away to: Alaska, Utah (we honeymooned there, it's great!). Scotland, Folly Beach, SC, Woodstock, NY

5 Things I would never wear: I'm right there with the bikini, Tube top, Daisy Dukes, a thong, a relaxer in my hair

5 favorite TV shows: Passions!, The Simpsons, POV, Red Dwarf, Girlfriends (BTW, speaking of Lost, I did a show at the Public with Daniel Dae Kim, and we share a birthday)

5 bad habits: I yell too much :( , impatience for me too ( I wonder if that's a NY thing), procrastination, staying up too late, I'm prone to being a couch potato

5 biggest joys: Daughter #1, Son, Daughter #2, being with my husband, my life in general.

5 favorite toys: My computer, Nintendo DS, Pokemon cartridge game (the kids got me into this), Monopoly--any kind, TV

5 fictional characters I would date: James from Pokemon )LOL!, I know he's a cartoon character, but he's sexy), Hamish from Braveheart, Lister from Red Dwarf, Romulaud from Mama There's a Man in Your Bed, I'm weird, Ronnie from That Sining Feeling

ellesu said...

Oh, my! I just returned from my week in NYC and find I've been tagged. What fun! We had such a good time in the city. Only problem was....I'm from Baton Rouge and,because of Katrina, I was so concerned about my home and kids the whole time. Thanks for the opportunity to take my mind off trying to figure out this senselessness I'm living with.